Duck Gizzards Confit ("gésiers de canard confits")
Great Taste Award Judges' Comments:
"Very tender, melting texture" - "Great duck flavour which lingers well. Really evokes the feeling of a holiday in southern France: an excellent example of its kind" - "Great intensity to the flavour of these gizzards"
Chef's suggestion: The perfect salad comes with gizzards confit on top of it!
Recipe : 1 serving
- 2 Duck Gizzards Confit
- 4 slices of our Smoked Duck Breast ("magret")
- 50 gr of our Foie Gras Prestige or XO
- pine nuts and walnuts
- mixed salad
- 1/2 tomato
- white bread croutons cooked in butter
How to prepare it:
- roast the Gizzards in their fat in a pan
- lay a bed of salad on a plate and surround it with tomato slices
- lay the slices of Smoked Duck Breast and sprinkled with some walnuts and pine nuts then add the slice of Foie Gras
- before serving, top with the cut warm Gizzards
- pour some vinaigrette over the salad. Sprinkle with goldened croutons and chopped chives
- NOTE: You can also add a manchon of Duck Confit, toasts of Duck Rillette or slices of Bayonne ham
Storage: keep the unopened pack in the fridge (0c-4c) and consume before the date indicated on the pack. Once opened, keep the pack sealed and refrigerated, consume within 7 days.